Wednesday 17 March 2010

Oreo Truffles

Happy St Patrick's Day!! I decided to make some green oreo truffles for the occasion. These are the most amazing creations ever. They're really simple to make requiring only 3 ingredients and minimal fuss. You can dip them in your favourite chocolate and decorate as you wish. I didn't have time to make it too fancy but I'll definitely be making these again and again... I could eat the whole lot myself! :)

Take a pack of Oreo cookies
Put them in your food processor or crush them with a rolling pin or can
Add a little cream cheese and shape into balls
Refrigerate then dip into your favourite chocolate
Heaven on a plate :)

1 pack of Oreos (154g)
~ 70g cream cheese
200g Chocolate - white/milk/dark
Food colouring (optional)

  • Blitz the cookies in a food processor. If you don't have one or prefer a little crunch to the truffles then put cookies in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin or can.
  • Add cream cheese and mix well until you get a soft, pliable dough.
  • Shape into little balls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so that it will retain its shape whilst dipping in chocolate coating.
  • Melt chocolate of your choice either in a bowl over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave (be careful not to burn the chocolate)
  • Dip oreo truffles in the chocolate and refrigerate until firm.

3 comments:

  1. omg, Yuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made something similar with some Australian biscuits and I have to say that they were delicious. Oreos would be superb! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Green Oreos. I don't see that every day but I wish that I did. These look delightful and perfect for the festive atmosphere that you're creating.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!