Monday 9 May 2011

Cookies & Cream Brownies


It's good to be back after a brief hiatus from the kitchen. I actually made these a few months back now but I still remember them. If you haven't already noticed, Oreos are one of my favourite snacks and I do bake with them quite frequently. So after a long break, I am doing a double whammy - Oreo brownies here and Oreo cheesecake next. 
I have to admit these are not the best brownies I've ever had but they were chocolatey and cakey. I do prefer my brownies on the gooey side but if you like them cakey then this is the recipe for you! 

 melt butter and chocolate. Mini oreos ready in the background 

 Adding the whisked eggs 

 Adding mini oreos 

 decorate the top with more Oreos 

 fresh from the oven 


 Yum! 

250g plain chocolate
250g butter
270g caster sugar
5 large eggs
150g plain flour
4 packs of mini oreo cookies or 1 pack of regular sized cookies, roughly broken

  • Preheat the oven to 175C.
  • Melt butter and chocolate in a large saucepan over a low heat. 
  • Remove from the heat and add sugar, mixing with a large balloon whisk. 
  • Once sugar is combined, whisk the eggs together in a large bowl and add to the brownie mixture, mixing until smooth. 
  • Add flour and 1/3 of cookies or 2 mini packs, stirring until combined.
  • Pour mixture into a tray and crumble the remaining cookies over the top (No need to crumble if using mini oreos, just sprinkle evenly).
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this udea - I feel a blog steal coming on! Hubby will love them ;0)

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!