It's the last Monday of the month which means that it's Secret Recipe Club Group D Reveal day! I love the Secret Recipe Club and look forward to reveal day every month. The concept is simple each blog is assigned another blog in secret and the idea is that you choose a recipe to make from your secret blog and reveal it on the same day.
This month my assignment is Fantastical Sharing of Recipes written by Sarah who shares what her family likes to eat and what they like. She is also working on recipe development and sharing original ideas. Her blog is really easy to navigate and I like that there are thumbnail pictures for the recipe index. As expected, they are mostly family recipes and she has lovely photos to accompany each recipe.
As usual, it was difficult to choose a recipe to make as there were so many I wanted to try. So I asked J what he would like and he immediately chose this No Bake Berry Cheesecake. It's not a surprising choice as he loves cheesecake and he loves berries! This is the first time I've used condensed milk in a cheesecake recipe and it's absolutely gorgeous. The cheesecake is really smooth and creamy and the berry sauce is divine. I made a really thick biscuit base which helped to cut through the sweetness of the filling and berries. I can foresee a lot of repeated requests for this one!
Other recipes that I've also bookmarked are Caramel Filled Brownies, Nutella Twix Blondies, Rolo Cupcakes, Caramel Frappucino Cupcakes, Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies, Death by Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies and Best Ever Peanut Butter Fudge. She has a really good selection of recipes to suit every occasion and every taste so do check out her blog.
Recipe adapted slightly from Fantastical Sharing on Recipes
1 large pack of digestive biscuits
200g cream cheese
1 can condensed milk
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the berry topping
I used a mixture of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries - approximately 450g
Approximately 50 -75g caster sugar -adjust to taste
- Blitz the digestive biscuits in a food processor or place in a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin then place in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour over the crushed biscuits.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- Press into your serving dish and let it set in the fridge.
- Make the filling by mixing the cream cheese and condensed milk together in an electric mixer. Add in the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Spoon over the cheesecake base and allow to set in the fridge.
- Cook the berries and sugar in a small saucepan on a low to medium heat until the berries have cooked but not turned to mush.
- Pour over the cheesecake or serve it on the side.